Buffering woes and frustrating delays can give you nightmares any day of the year. But on Halloween the last thing you want is slow broadband ruining that spine-tingling thriller. With ultrafast broadband it’s all streaming no screaming, so here’s our top made in Wales binge-worthy picks for Halloween.
Wolf (2023): ?
Are you ready for a gruesome race against time? Wolf, a six-part thriller filmed across south Wales, is the perfect series to get your heart racing. Based on Mo Hayder’s Jack Caffrey novels, it follows a determined young DI trying to solve unsolved cases, including the mysterious disappearance of his own brother. The stunning Welsh locations featured in the series, like Neath Abbey, Merthyr Mawr Warren Nature Reserve, and Cardiff’s Roath Lake, will leave you awestruck. Available on BBC iPlayer.
A Discovery of Witches (2018-2022): ?♀️
Sky’s supernatural series, A Discovery of Witches, is a bewitching delight filmed in Pembrokeshire. Join a reluctant witch as she unravels the secrets of a mystical manuscript and the origins of magic. The atmospheric Carew Castle in Pembrokeshire sets the stage for this enchanting tale. This series is bound to make even the most sceptical among us believe in a world of magic.
Available to buy on Amazon Prime
Being Human (2011-2013): ?
Vampires, werewolves, and reluctant ghosts living together in Wales? Sounds like the perfect recipe for a comedy of supernatural errors. Dive into the quirky world of Being Human, where the third series was set in Barry Island, with parts filmed in Pencoed, Bridgend. This series is a hilarious take on navigating modern-day life while managing supernatural states.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (2011): ?♂️
Pembrokeshire Coast National Park doubles for Cornwall in this instalment where all the magic happens. Explore the sandy dunes behind Freshwater West beach, where they recreated Shell Cottage. And there’s a special shrine to the beloved character ‘Dobby’ for you to discover. However, The National urge Muggles not to leave items like socks or painted stones at the site as this can put local wildlife at risk. All films available on Netflix now.
Doctor Who: “Blink” Series 3.10: ?
Released in 2007 this episode still gives us the fear. This iconic episode of Doctor Who was filmed in various locations across Wales, including the creepy old house in Newport. It features the Weeping Angels, one of the most terrifying creatures in the Doctor Who universe. All series are available on BBC iPlayer if you’re brave enough.
Find out if you live in an Ogi Full Fibre Community this Halloween.
- No Scary Set-Up Fees: Don’t be haunted by hidden fees. Ogi offers a seamless no-fee set-up process with standard installation and no frightening surprises when you sign up.
- Competitive Packages to Die For: With Ogi, you don’t have to get scared of high prices.
- Boo-tiful Speeds: Ogi’s ultrafast full fibre broadband delivers speeds that will leave you spellbound. Say goodbye to slow internet and hello to uninterrupted streaming and gaming.
- Ghoulishly Great Customer Care: We promise customer care that won’t make you scream. Our dedicated, local team based in Wales are here to assist you, ensuring a stress-free experience.
- No Tricks, Only Treats: Ogi’s transparent pricing and reliability mean you’ll always know what you’re paying for. No tricks, just treats when it comes to your broadband service.
- Ghosts of Slow Internet Past: Bid farewell to the ghosts of slow broadband past. Ogi’s full fibre broadband banishes buffering and lag, allowing you to surf the web and binge-watch with ease.